Who says you can't treat cellulite in your very own home? There are multiple ways of treating cellulite and home remedies are one of them. In fact, many doctors recommend patients take on other methods to reduce cellulite like daily massages, dieting, and exercise. Although a cure for cellulite hasn't yet been invented, there are many options available to get rid of cellulite. Today, there are numerous advanced products which contain powerful ingredients to get rid of cellulite but what you don't know is this: you might have some of these ingredients at home!
These simple at home remedies can help get rid of your cellulite.
Caffeine is a major ingredient in effective treatments to get rid of cellulite. This is because caffeine has the properties to constrict blood vessels, making the skin appear tighter. A simple way to utilize this ingredient is to grab your jar of coffee and make it your coffee scrub. Here is a simple cellulite treatment to try at home.
1. Go into your kitchen and grab a can of instant coffee.
2. Place at least two cups of coffee into a bowl or dish.
3. Head for a warm shower or bath. This will help the caffeine penetrate deep into your skin.
4. With circular motions, gently rub the coffee grounds on areas which have cellulite.
5. Rinse and you're done. You will notice smoother firmer skin right away.
A more advanced technique is listed below:
1. Spread some newspaper on your bathroom floor.
2. Mix about a quarter-cup of warm used coffee grounds with a tablespoon or so of olive oil. Stand on the paper and massage the coffee mixture to cellulite areas using your hands or a loofah mitt. Massage in circular motions. Don’t worry if a lot of the coffee mixture falls to the floor; enough will stick to your skin to do the trick.
3. Wrap the area in Saran wrap and allow to remain on for several minutes.
4. Remove wrap and brush off excess coffee mixture. Shower with warm water.
Repeat twice a week for best results. A less messy and more convenient alternative is to use a cellulite cream containing caffeine such as Cellulite MD.
Along with advanced cellulite creams, electronic massagers are now proving to get rid of cellulite. But before you spend major bucks on a massager, here's an easy massage trick to try at home. It really works!
1. Use a soft bristle brush you have at home.
2. Gentle massage cellulite areas such as buttocks or thighs in a circular motion.
3. Spend 5-10 minutes on each area.
4. Do this brush massage daily to get rid of cellulite by loosing trapped fat cells. The brush massage will help circulate the fat and spread it out evenly underneath your skin. Soon you will have smoother looking skin!
Our home remedies are a great start to managing your cellulite. But remember they are not the end all be all solution. The best way to significantly reduce cellulite is to both prevent it and treat it. You can do this by dieting, exercising, or treating cellulite affected areas with cellulite cream.